Figured… since I’m at it why stop at house/unit/apartment numbers? So here’s a round-up of nice doorbells I found online. As usual, not found in Singapore! Grrrr… maybe I should set-up a business to sell nice fans, house numbers and doorbells? And Blomus… and any number of nice things that can’t be found in local stores…
1. KK50 by Phosmade (from Phosmade.com)
- Brushed stainless steel doorbell
- Plate thickness of 2 mm, probe diameter of 19 mm. precision design ensures dust and splash protection. Flush box is included. Maximum voltages of 250V AC and 10A.
- Winner of multiple design awards: – iF Product Design Award; – Red Dot / Roter Punkt – Good Design Award; – (JIDPO/G-Mark) Japan
2. Stainless Steel & Aluminium Doorbells from Serafini (from Serafini)
Minimalist doorbells in various finishes and shapes. Made in Germany and designed by Atelier 522.
- Doorbells can be installed vertically or horizontally.
- Brushed stainless steel or alumnium finishes
More doorbells after the jump…
3. Honeywell RCWL330A1000/N P4-Premium Portable Wireless Door Chime (from Amazon.com – and many other online retailers)
Didn’t include a pic of the push button as a variety of buttons are compatible with this system. Admittedly, this is in the list cos of it’s working range and is super ‘gadgety’.
- Wireless – Battery operated
- Works with up to six (6) push buttons, motion detectors or door contacts for added security and convenience
- Six (6) chime tunes, fully adjustable volume and six (6) visual alert icons
- Self learning code system automatically adjusts to eliminate interference
- 450-ft operating range
- USD45 to $70
4. Bottoms Up doorbell by Droog (from Droog.com)
It looks so scarily fragile, I just had to include it… “The fragile door bell fabricated its ring in between two christal wine glasses, which announces your guest with a musical toast. Because of the different sizes of the two glasses is the generated ring tone in two voices.”. Imagine having this conversation starter in the house…
- Designer: Peter van der Jagt
- Material: Glass, electronic magnet, steel
- Measurements: H: 24 cm, D: 9 cm, L: 25 cm
- power source NOT included: 12V, 1Amp, AC converter, Only ceiling mounted
- 2007 Red Dot Award
5. True Illuminated Doorbell Button by Spore (from Spore)
There is a non-illuminated version, but the illuminated ones are so much cooler (and admittedly far geekier…).
- Aluminium, bronze or matt black finishes
- In amber, blue or white LED
- A tactile click is felt when pushing the button
Did you know that even peep holes can be ‘award winning’ ones? But yeah, I won’t go there. I don’t have a standalone letterbox, so no letterbox features either (tho the Serafini ones look good)… perhaps next time… if I ever move to a landed property (that is, if I become rich AND manage to find a windy landed property).