Long before we got our maisonette, I have been a faithful reader of Singapore’s Home & Decor magazine. I guess I had been long waiting to have my own beautiful home… I think many people have the misconception that HDB apartments are ugly and utilitarian based on their outside appearance. Peek into them tho, and I am sure you’ll find gorgeous gems.
In fact, one of my key home makeover inspirations came from a maisonette featured in Home & Decor magazine: Loft of Love
The living room is bright and light filled just the way I want it to be. Nice toilets, inspirational kitchen (if seemingly not allowed by HDB rules cos it extends to the study…). I find the stairs a little dark tho.
If you are a new owner looking for inspiration, here are the other maisonettes I found on the H&D website that you can browse through (Click on the thumbnails below for larger pics and the titles link to H&D webpage for more pics & details):
There were many other HDB (executive) maisonettes featured in the mag of course, but unfortunately H&D doesn’t put all of them up on its website. Btw, the sidebar has a RSS link to the H&D Facebook page. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post, you may like to find more ‘inspirations’ from these posts:
- Inspirations: Functional ‘shoebox’ apartments
- Inspirations: The minimalist 5 room HDB
- Inspirations: The Brookvale Park apartment
- Inspirations: The Cambridge Road Inter-Terrace
- Inspirations: The Don Draper apartment
- Inspirations: Arch Daily’s Building of the Year awards 2011
- Inspirations: Some renovations from the H&D site
- Inspirations: Maisonettes featured in Home & Decor magazine
- Inspirations: Conservation houses in Singapore
Other posts you may be interested in:
- 7 reasons why Mei Ling Street is a great place to live in
- Most expensive executive flats in Singapore?
- How much would you pay for a HDB?
- Pasir Ris HDB maisonettes with sky terraces
- Why an Executive Maisonette?