Following my earlier post on industrial themed renovations, thought I’ll follow-up with a list of places to shop for furniture that that can fit the theme.
Thought that some of the stores from my earlier vintage themed furniture list can be used too, cos some items that look recycled /have a distressed look can suit the industrial theme. I simplify my thoughts by imaging if a particular item can fit into a car garage with ‘raw’ flooring. If yes, then I think it can be used for the theme. So imagine a discarded sofa or lounge given a 2nd life in a garage. Yes? Hmm… ditto for weathered wood with some metal elements. I think modern designs can be incorporated too depending on how you plan the overall ‘look’.
Once you get the infrastructure (‘raw’ flooring & walls, exposed lights/bulbs, visible trunkings and pipes, etc) done, you probably have the industrial vibe. It’s then a matter of comfort and personal preference how far you want to take the theme, or to have a ‘hybrid’ look e.g. industrial-chic + vintage.
1. Journey East – their d-Bodhi collection is really suitable for the industrial look methinks.
- 315 Outram Road #03-02 Tan Boon Liat Building S169074 / tel: 6473 1693
- 15 Joan Road (Behind Far East Flora, Thomson Road), Singapore 298899 /Tel: 65 6253 4950
- 62 Jalan Penjara, Singapore 149376, Tel: 65 6473 1693
Open everyday 11am-6pm (Sundays from 11.30am).
2. Like That One – Like That One does sell industrial chic pieces, though there is a lot of vintage ones. Quite fun to browse through their flickr site to see the collections.
Skytech #01-02, 2 Bukit Batok St 24, Singapore 659480
Tel: 6560 9168 / Cheu: Mobile +65 9023 2988 / Belle: Mobile +65 91251492 / Open: Wed-Sun 11am-5pm
3. XTRA – Included cos I thought some of their lighting can fit the theme. No ‘budget’ items tho…
9 Penang Road, 01-01/02-01 Park Mall, Singapore 238459
T: +65 6336 0688 /F: +65 6334 0688 / Store Hours: 11am – 8pm
4. Mountain Teak Furniture – the rough finish suits the theme IMO
#07-02 Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road, Singapore 169074
Tel: + 65 6224 7176 / Fax: + 65 6224 7176 / Opens: Tuesday – Sunday (close on Monday), 10.30am – 6.30pm
5. Koda/Commune – Nice and affordable furniture. Maybe I should move this up the list… nah. Being lazy.
Commune store: #02-51 Millenia Walk, Raffles Boulevard, Tel: 6338 3823.
Warehouse outlet: 28 Defu Lane 4 Singapore 539424 / hours: 10 am to 6pm
6. Egg3 – You could pick up some nice stuff from the store. Just go in and browse if you pop by the building. It’s in the same building as Grafunkt’s & White Wood’s flagship showrooms.
85 Playfair Road #07-01, Tong Yuan Industrial Building, Singapore 368000
6281 2197 or 6345 5200 / Mon-Thurs by appointment, Fri – Sat: 10am-6pm
7. Scanteak – Selective pieces for the weathered wood look…
Too many locations to list, so here’s the link for the list of stores: http://www.scanteak.com.sg/store-locations
8. White Woods – Again, selective pieces for the weathered wood look… The flagship store is in the same building as Grafunkt’s & Egg3’s flagship showrooms.
- (Flagship Store) 85 Playfair Road #02-02, Tong Yuan Industrial Building, Singapore 368000
6289 4889 / Fri to Sun & PH, 11 am to 6.30 pm
- Park Mall #02-23, 9 Penang Road, Singapore 238459
6289 4889 / 11.30 am to 8.30 pm
9. Galanga Living
211 Henderson Road #01-02 Henderson Industrial Park Singapore 159552 • Tel: +65 6475 2633
7 Joo Chiat Place Singapore 427742 • Tel: +65 6440 7567
10. Originals Furniture896 Dunearn Road #02-03 Sime Darby Centre
Do remember to pop by my Reno Shopping Map to check out furniture stores near by if you decide to go shopping k? You may also want to check out my earlier lists:
- Places to buy mid-modern/vintage/retro furnitures
- Places to buy home accessories and decorations
- Places to buy industrial themed furniture
- Supporting local brands
- Other quick links to stores