I’ve accumulated a list of places in Singapore ranging from thrift stores to bank breaking ones… thought this (painstakingly!) compiled listing may come in handy for those who are still looking for that authentic looking chair/side table/tv console/etc. Thanks goes out to the nice folks on renotalk and various blogs who have so generously shared their finds.
1. A Thousand Tales – According to apartmenttherapy, it “sells bespoke mid-20th-century Scandinavian-inspired pieces such as sofas, armchairs, tables and sideboards. They also sell one-of-a-kind artwork by Japanese sculptor Sumio Suzuki and trendy poster prints by Brit Steve Lawler aka Mojoko.” Has a bar & cafe too.
55 – 57 Haji Lane
Opening hours: Tue – Sat 12 noon to 8 pm; Mon & Sun by appt
Cafe Fables and Bar Stories / Hours: Mon to Sun 3pm-1am
Tel: +65 6298 0838 / Mobile: +65 9690 7130
Block 20, Sin Ming Lane # 05-51, Mid View City, Singapore 573968
Tel 64712042 or call David Ditcham at 9664 8451 for appt
3. David’s Antique – Anyone got pics of this place?
215 Rangoon Road, Singapore 218456
Tel. + 65 6291 8227
+65 8168 7618
93 Jalan Sultan #01-01 S198997
t: 6223 7982 / Patrick 96861071
153 Kampong Ampat, Junjie Industrial Building #01-03, Singapore 386326
Tel: 6281-8338 / Fax: 6285-6757
Operating Hours : Monday – Sunday, 9AM – 6:30PM
7. Journey East –
Not sure if all 3 outlets carry different themes or specialise in a certain theme, so perhaps best to call n check. If anyone knows where there are more vintage collections, do drop me a note via comments k?See below…
315 Outram Road #03-02 Tan Boon Liat Building S169074 / tel: 6473 1693
15 Joan Road (Behind Far East Flora, Thomson Road), Singapore 298899 /Tel: 65 6253 4950
62 Jalan Penjara, Singapore 149376, Tel: 65 6473 1693
UPDATE: According to Terence from Journey East (see comment below), their Vintage Collection is exclusively featured at the Tan Boon Liat store. These are one-of-a-kind sourced pieces of teak furniture originating from the 1920s-1960s (and thus there aren’t so many).
Open everyday 11am-6pm (Sundays from 11.30am).
94 Jalan Senang, Singapore 418467
Charlie / Joseph Teo
HP + 65 9791 2607
Noon to 7 pm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/likethatone/ <– check for updates!
Skytech #01-02, 2 Bukit Batok St 24, Singapore 659480
Tel: 6560 9168 / Cheu: Mobile +65 9023 2988 / Belle: Mobile +65 91251492
Open: Wed-Sun 11am-5pm
Century Warehouse, 100 East Pasir Panjang Road #01-03, Singapore 118521
+65 6272 4988
Mon – Sun: 10.30 am to 6.30 pm
QSQUARE BY MARQUIS
16 Tai Seng Street, Level 1, Singapore 534138
Tel: 65-6383-0119 Fax: 65-6383-8432 / e: email@example.com
Mon – Sun 11:00am – 8:00pm
Great World City #02-15, 1 Kim Seng Promenade, Singapore 237994
Tel: 65-6732-7362 Fax: 65-6732-5562 / e: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Pomelo Home – I mentioned that I like this shop before. Certainly not cheap, but great stuff. Perhaps some Bubble Lamps?
10-04 Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road, Singapore 169074 / Tel: 6226 4663http://www.facebook.com/PomeloHome
Hours: Tue-Fri 11am-7pm, Sat-Sun 11am-4pm, Closed on public holidays
Ion Orchard #03-15, 2 Orchard Turn, Singapore 238801
Tel: +65 6509 0555 / e: email@example.com
Operating Hours: 10am – 9pm daily
124 Tanjong Pagar Road, Singapore 088533+65 6222 3510Opening Hours: Tue to Sat – 11am to 7pm (closed Mon); Sun – 12pm to 5pm.
Viewing of furniture is by appointment only. Contact them via the contact us page.
No.18, Sin Ming Lane, #07-27 Midview City, Singapore 573960
Blk 19 Kallang Avenue #04-157 Mapletree Industrial Building S339410
tel: 9628 9171 / 6294 2919
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 11am – 6 pm / Closed on Sundays & Mondays.
77 Bencoolen Street, Singapore 189653 / +65 6415 0000
Monday – Sunday 11am-8:30pm
19. XTRA – Some great stuff, but usually at great cost. A Foscarini Caboche lamp perhaps?
XTRA PARK MALL
9 Penang Road, 01-01/02-01 Park Mall, Singapore 238459
T: +65 6336 0688 /F: +65 6334 0688
Store Hours: 11am – 8pm
Customer Service T: +65 8181 1038 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
20. Last but not least, you can check out the auctions by expat auctions or the Salvation Army Thrift stores. Great way to pick up stuff that are reasonably priced, abeit pre-loved…
21. (NEW) Mad About Vintage – a new one that I thought was worth featuring.
Contact Han at +65 91551337
#07-02 Tan Boon Liat Building, 315 Outram Road, Singapore 169074
Tel: + 65 6224 7176
Fax: + 65 6224 7176
Opens: Tuesday – Sunday (close on Monday), 10.30am – 6.30pm
The next 3 were featured in an earlier blog post about local brands that I like, but I figured I should show more support by featuring them on what seems like a favorite blog post.
Commune store: #02-51 Millenia Walk, Raffles Boulevard, Tel: 6338 3823.
Warehouse outlet: 28 Defu Lane 4 Singapore 539424 / hours: 10 am to 6pm
24. Grafunkt – I prefer the larger store at Playfair road over the small outlet at Park Mall (the pic I used isn’t very mid-modernish I know, but Grafunkt does have a decent collection of nice wooden pieces).
Address: Grafunkt Flagship Store, 85 Playfair Road, #02-01 Tong Yuan Industrial Building, Singapore 368000
T 6281 8465
Opening Hours: Daily 12noon – 6pm
P.S. I personally love their walnut wood grain and nice finish, and have a few of their items at home.
Address: Flagship store @ 28 Wilkie Road, #01-01 Sophia Flats, Singapore 228051
Tel: +65 6336 0662
Do remember to pop by my Reno Shopping Map to check out furniture stores near by if you decide to go shopping k? 🙂
More shopping lists:
- Places to buy mid-modern/vintage/retro furnitures
- Places to buy home accessories and decorations
- Places to buy industrial themed furniture
- Supporting local brands
- Other quick links to stores
- The (unofficial) Tan Boon Liat Building furniture directory